Rechercher dans ce blog

Sunday, January 17, 2021

Meet tonight's Western Union First Shot Participant: Learn Fresh Fellow Chris Robinson | Denver Nuggets - Nuggets.com

fresh.indah.link

“I was born and raised in Denver, Colorado, where I currently reside. Growing up, my family put a high standard on education, but it’s something that I took for granted until I transferred to a private school in 8th grade. I immediately understood that education was not the same for everyone and as one of the only Black students at my new school, the inequity felt personal. From then on, becoming a teacher was always in the back of my mind.

By senior year, getting away from small-town Denver life was at the forefront of my mind. I left home to attend Northwestern University in Illinois where I earned my B.S. in Communication Studies. Having fallen in love with Chicago, I lived blocks from Wrigley Field for a few years after graduation. I was working at a startup online college in the customer service and marketing department, but began to feel unfulfilled and without purpose.

I returned to Denver and I met my wife, who is a teacher. Not long after, I earned my teaching license through an alternative licensure program. For the last decade-plus, I have worked in predominantly Title I schools as a special education teacher, administrator, and coach. I found fulfillment and purpose in working to bring equity to public education, helping students overcome personal hurdles, and sharing in students’ success.

Currently, I am a special education teacher and the athletic director at my neighborhood middle school, McAuliffe International School. My wife and I have two beautiful and intelligent children, Lucille and Elwood. My interests include bowling, fitness, hip hop, and world travel.”

The Link Lonk


January 18, 2021 at 05:27AM
https://www.nba.com/nuggets/news/wu-first-shot-chris-robinson-011721

Meet tonight's Western Union First Shot Participant: Learn Fresh Fellow Chris Robinson | Denver Nuggets - Nuggets.com

https://news.google.com/search?q=fresh&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

U.S industry seeks help in keeping Mexico open to fresh potatoes - Capital Press

fresh.indah.link Potato organizations are urging the U.S. to maintain a “trust but verify” stance ensuring fresh potatoes can be importe...

Popular Posts